Boole Innovation Centre
In line with Cork Science and Innovation Park framework, Soltaz Ltd have acquired planning permission and are developing 183,000 sq ft of Grade A next generation office space.
Located right on the N40 bypass in Curraheen, which will become the next most sought after area in Cork, Phase 1 and 2 consists of a gateway office block on 4 and 5 floors with 212 on site car parking.
A nuevo café located in a landscaped plaza, all designed to LEED Gold Standard. This phase of the development has been designed to be as part of the full 463,000 sq ft of combined Grade ‘A’ office space development.
Phase 1 & 2
Phase 1 and 2 of the office development will be a significant addition to office space on the Western Cork City edge.
These first two buildings form the gateway to the new Cork Science and Innovation Park, and the site is the only site with prominent high visibility setting along the N25 South Link Road. The masterplan for this site creates an enclosed and sheltered courtyard, with a strong physical connection to the adjoining UCC lands and the new Innovation Centre permitted for construction on the site.
The buildings offer maximum flexibility in the footprint and potential to easily accommodate multiple tenants or one larger occupier. Parking is provided on site to the standards established in the CSIP masterplan. The clean contemporary lines of the buildings and its use of quality materials, make it an appropriate front to the proposed Science Park behind.
Sustainable design through LEEDS Gold Standard is used to develop excellent environmental benefits of the office space.
Social interaction and intercourse is encouraged through the focal meeting space at the café, central to the plaza.
The site has easy direct access to the N25 linking it to the West, the Airport and around the city along the south link road
Full planning permission for Phase 1 and 2 in place
High quality specification throughout
Part of Cork Science and Innovation Park
183,000 sq ft of high quality sustainable ‘Grade A’ office space
Designed to LEED Gold Standard
Surface car parks for 212 cars, including ev car charging points
Café in landscaped plaza.
Floor plates provided offer maximum flexibility with ability to accommodate larger organizations or smaller, by easy subdivision.
Proximity to amenities such as Greyhound Race track, greenway through UCC lands, to Model Farm Road and CIT lands
- GENERAL: Construction shall be in accordance with all current relevant Codes of Practice, Irish or British Standards
- STRUCTURE: Structural concrete frame to the upper floors with 250mm hollow core precast slabs with a 75mm screed
- RAISED ACCESS FLOORS: 150mm
- SUSPENDED CEILINGS: Mineral fibre suspended ceiling: 800mm deep ceiling zone, category 2 lighting 500 Lux
- AIR CONDITIONING: Fully air conditioned to an open plan layout throughout
- FLOOR TO CEILING HEIGHTS: Floor to ceiling height: 2.85m
- EXTERNAL WALL FINISHES: Granite cladding; 40mm thick; fixed to blockwork or concrete with stainless steel fixings
- EXTERNAL GLAZING: Aluminium unitised glazing system to achieve a U-Value of 1.1W/m2K with double glazing. Glass spandrel panels at floor slabs. High quality neutral elasticity silicone based joint sealant to ensure air tightness
- PASSENGER LIFTS: 4no 2m/s passenger lifts, 2 no Fireman Lifts at 1m/2
- SECURITY SYSTEMS A CCTV: System is provided covering the Landlord open areas and the lobby areas and car parks. Internet viewing will be available
- TELECOMMUNICATION SUPPLY: External Telecom services are taken directly to the intake rooms by the Telecom suppliers. Broadband services will be available from a number of suppliers.
- SUSTAINABILITY: Boole Innovation Centre will be a sustainable office development which will be designed to meet the relevant standards for a B1 BER (Building Energy Rating) Certificate and to achieve a Gold LEED Precertification Accreditation
- NATURAL DAY LIGHTING: The lighting strategy will maximises natural day lighting through careful façade design and lighting control
- FAÇADE THERMAL PERFORMANCE: Solar reflective energy efficient glazing giving high efficiencies by reducing heating and cooling loads. An intelligent brise soleil on the outside of the façade which further reduces the heating load and provides enhanced tenant comfort through control of glare and the effects of direct solar radiation
- HIGH EFFICIENCY LIGHTING: All stairwells and lobby’s will be fitted with intelligent decorative LED wall/ceiling lights controlled by PIR detectors which turn off the lights when there is no activity.
- WATER EFFICIENCY: The scheme will incorporate dual flush WC’s, sensor taps and low flush urinals. All water usage in the building is monitored to help maximise efficiency.
- SOLAR & HEAT PUMP: Highly energy efficient solar and heat pump technology will be incorporated
- INTELLIGENT BUILDING CONTROL: BMS/EMS to control, monitor and optimise building services including lighting; heating; security, CCTV and alarm systems, access control, ventilation, etc.
- All common areas, lobbies, stairwells have wall, floor and ceiling finishes, including A/C and CCTV as required
- Toilets fully fitted out with ceramic tiles to all walls and floors
- Entrance lobby reception desk
- CAR PARKING: 212 car park spaces (including 12 disabled spaces and one e-charge point) and 450 bicycle spaces will be provided